Monday, March 16, 2015

Do What Makes Your Soul Sing - Art Journal Page, by Mistra Hoolahan

Hi lovelies! Mistra here with you again today, sharing a page from my "Create" Journal I shared a few weeks ago. You can see the front cover in this post HERE. I love creating art journal, mixed media, girlie grunge pages... the process is fabulous. You just start by dabbling and then somehow it's all finished, like it almost created itself!


My base for this was one of the pages from Donna's Denim Art Journal, they are thick and chunky, so can handle anything I'm going to throw at it!   

I created this one at 'scrap camp' this weekend just gone. A couple of lovely girls sitting across from me often work on ATC's and always have such amazing techniques for backgrounds. I decided to try one for this. It was so simple! Crunch up some tissue, it could be plain or printed and adhere it to your base. Trim your edges, swipe on some embossing ink and then embossing powder and heat. The embossing gets stuck on all the ridges and creates this gorgeous effect.


I've used some Leather Mix'd Media Inx Embossing Powder for this one as I loved the shine it gave. I then added some more colour, using Mix'd Media Inx in Green Olive and Caramel Latte, with a touch of River Mossy.  

I created some flowers using some brown and green cardstock, cut using Donna's Rose Creations Die and a canvas butterfly using her Wonderful Wings Die, it was cut from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Pennant Set Canvas. 


Once all my embellishments were adhered, I gave everything a lick of dry brushed gesso, it helps all the embellishments to blend in with one another, especially handy when your colours are all quite bold and you wanted a more subtle look like I did for this piece. 


My final messy touch was rubbing in some Peridot Mix'd Media Inx ReInker. I just added a small drop from the ReInker bottle in the spots I wanted the colour and mixed it through with my finger, easy peasy!

The little typed word labels were inked with Peridot and Honey Mix'd Media Inx, helping the white not be so stark against the background.


Thanks for stopping by today!
Mis xo


Donna Salazar Designs Products

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Denim Art Journal 
Pennant Set {Canvas Flags}

Clearsnap
Mix’d Media Inx - Peridot, Honey
Mix'd Media ReInker - Peridot
Mix'd Media Inx Embossing - Leather
Smooch Spritz - Caramel Latte, Green Olive, River Mossy

Spellbinders
Rose Creations
Wonderful Wings

Partner Products
Clearsnap - Foam Applicators
Spellbinders - Grand Calibur

No comments:

Post a Comment